Theme: Monday? - A single word can be added to the front of five other non-related words.
63A. United stand ... and what the first part of the answers to starred clues literally can have: COMMON FRONT
17A. *Cost of shares on the exchange: MARKET PRICE. Common Market.
41A. *U.S./USSR conflict: COLD WAR. Common Cold.
11D. *Element in an executive compensation package: STOCK OPTION. Common Stock.
25D. *Drive to do the responsible thing: SENSE OF DUTY. Common Sense.
27D. *"So long": "GOOD DAY". Common Good.
Argyle here. It may just be me but I felt this was meant to be later in the week.
1. Illusions in a stage act, collectively: MAGIC
6. Muslim leaders: IMAMs
11. Place for a massage: SPA
14. Twist: GNARL
15. French Revolution radical: MARAT. Jean-Paul Marat.
16. Put a strain on: TAX
19. Tip jar denomination: ONE
20. Miffed: SORE
21. Gizmos: DEVICES
23. __ buco: veal dish: OSSO
26. Director Lee: ANG
28. Student's workplace: DESK
29. Guttural "Psst!": "AHEM!"
30. Wedding vows: I DO's
32. Condemn: DOOM
34. Most rational: SANEST
36. Nobel Peace Prize city: OSLO
38. Jack-in-the-box sound: [POP!]
40. Drips in the ICU: IVS. (Intravenous)
43. Give it a go: TRY
44. Witness: SEE
45. Yankee slugger, to fans: A-ROD
46. Area of expertise: MÉTIER. French
48. Sound from Leo: ROAR
50. Twist, as water-damaged floorboards: WARP
52. Sharpen: HONE
53. World Cup soccer org.: FIFA. (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)
55. "__-hoo!": YOO
56. 1946 N.L. RBI leader Slaughter: ENOS
57. Part of a chess match when most of the pieces are off the board: END GAME
60. "__ the mornin'!": TOP O'
62. Sch. run by Mormons: BYU. (Brigham Young University)
68. Track transaction: BET
69. Wabbit-hunting Fudd: ELMER
70. Fragrant wood: CEDAR
71. Pig's home: STY
72. Officials who have their faculties: DEANs. Cute.
73. Hit hard, biblically: SMOTE
1. Leo is its logo: MGM
2. California's Santa __ River: ANA
3. Long-jawed fish: GAR
4. Annoying: IRKSOME
5. Egyptian queen, familiarly: CLEO. (Cleopatra VII Philopator)
6. Loom on the horizon: IMPEND
7. St. Patrick's mo.: MARch
8. Very dry: ARID
9. Sprayed in defense: MACED
10. Longshoreman: STEVEDORE
12. Window glass: PANE
13. Lumberjacks' tools: AXES
18. Double agent: TRAITOR
22. Prefix with metric and bar: ISO
23. Desert retreat: OASIS
24. Norelco product: SHAVER
31. U-turn from NNE: SSW
33. Rita with an Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy: MORENO. West Side Story's Anita.
35. Like Al Capone: SCARFACED
37. Ridicule satirically: LAMPOON
39. Combustible funeral piles: PYREs
42. Under a quarter-tank, say: LOW
47. Geometry proposition: THEOREM
49. Bailed-out insurance co.: AIG. (American International Group, Inc)
51. Copter blades: ROTORS
54. Whac-__: arcade game: A-MOLE
57. Diminishes: EBBS
58. Russian denial: "NYET!"
59. Actress Stone of "Birdman": EMMA
61. Low-ranking GIs: PFCs. (Private first class)
64. Guys: MEN
65. Prefix with meter: ODO
66. __ King Cole: NAT
67. Italian three: TRE
Note from C.C.:
I hope you can click here and sign the petition calling for price reduction for EpiPens, which have surged to $600/pack without any justification. The CEO's salary rose over 600% since 2007, when Mylan bought EpiPen.