Theme: What's your mood? - Colors from a mood ring, and they're all used as verbs in each theme entry.
17A. Give the okay : GREEN-LIGHT
27A. Bring lunch from home, say : BROWN-BAG
46A. Dismiss from the job : PINK-LIP
59A. Alter a manuscript, e.g. : BLUE-PENCIL
11D. Gloss over : WHITEWASH
34D. Ostracize : BLACKLIST
Argyle here with a new constructor. He has a few crunchy nuggets in there but given the ease of the theme, it's all good.
1. Norms: Abbr. : STDS. (Standards)
5. Channel with a "Congressional Chronicle" online archive : C-SPAN
10. In an unexpected direction : AWRY
14. Hawkeye State : IOWA
15. Curly-tailed Japanese dog : AKITA
16. Old conductance units : MHOs. The reciprocal of an ohm.
19. Trusted assistant : AIDE
20. Move it, old-style : HIE
21. Thames islands : AITs. Crosswordese.
22. Northern Ireland province : ULSTER
24. Leaves for a cigar : TOBACCO
26. Came up : AROSE
29. __-Mart Stores, Inc. : WAL
32. Walks leisurely : AMBLES
35. Christmastide : YULE
36. Boxing legend : ALI
37. Manicurist's tool : FILE
38. Tit for __ : TAT
39. Baking amts. : TSPs. (teaspoon)
40. Pie __ mode : À LA
41. "Never Wave at __": 1952 film : A WAC. Starring Rosalind Russell and Paul Douglas. I could link the whole movie but couldn't find a clip!
43. Tread water to check out the surroundings, as a whale : SPY HOP. Whale, tread water?
45. DVR button : REC
48. "Hogan's Heroes" colonel : KLINK
50. Oft-rented suits : TUXEDOS
54. Insert new film : RELOAD
56. Spice Girl Halliwell : GERI
57. One: Pref. : UNI
58. Settled on the ground : ALIT
62. Savior in a Bach cantata : JESU
63. Path for a drink cart : AISLE. Tinbeni clue?
64. Kitchenware brand : EKCO. Buy some NOW. Link
65. Play segments : ACTS
66. Like some private communities : GATED
67. Coloring agents : DYES
1. Vision : SIGHT
2. "Road __": 1947 Hope/Crosby film : TO RIO. Another old movie; this one starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour.
3. Nerdy sort : DWEEB
4. Enc. with some bills : SAE. (Self Addressed Envelope, no stamp)
5. Colorful cats : CALICOS. My favorites.
6. Chair lift alternative : SKI TOW
7. Sty residents : PIGS
8. Sports fig. : ATH. (athlete)
9. Kin of organic, at the grocery store : NATURAL
10. Stockpile : AMASS
12. Went by scooter : RODE
13. River of Flanders : YSER
18. Mother-of-pearl : NACRE
23. Theater box : LOGE
25. Equal to the task : ABLE
26. Border on : ABUT
28. New York City suburb on the Hudson : NYACK
30. Dog food brand : ALPO
31. Speech problem : LISP
32. At a distance : AFAR
33. Runner's distance : MILE
38. Propane container : TANK
39. Use a keypad : TYPE
41. Samoan capital : APIA. The city, not the money.
42. Blowhard : WINDBAG
43. Ate noisily, as soup : SLURPED
44. Playful sprite : PIXIE
47. "Remington __": '80s TV detective show : STEELE
49. Cross-legged meditation position : LOTUS
51. Dr. Mallard's apt nickname on "NCIS" : DUCKY. He puts the emphasis on the last syllable.
52. Chilling in the locker room, as champagne : ON ICE
53. Storage towers : SILOs
54. Indian royal : RAJA
55. Util. bill : ELEC.
56. Sudden wind : GUST
60. __ Fáil: Irish coronation stone : LIA. On the Hill of Tara in County Meath, Ireland
61. Actor Beatty : NED
So what's your mood?
Note from C.C.:
I'm excited to share with you that the SLIDE puzzle Jazzbumpa (Ron) and I made last year was nominated for the Orca Best Easy Puzzle. Sam Donaldson even remembered that it's Ron's debut. Thanks, Sam! And Ron is 2 for 2 with his LA Times submissions.